Corals and other invertebrates use calcium from the seawater in which they live. While there is an inexhaustible supply of calcium in the ocean, in the marine aquarium, calcium and alkalinity get depleted quickly. To support the healthy, natural growth of corals, balanced calcium supplementation is essential.
Natural seawater has a calcium content of approximately 410 mg/l, the alkalinity of 6.5 °dH and a pH of 8.2. All three parameters work together in the water to reach calcium saturation, which is essential for optimum growth of corals and coralline algae. Tropic Marin Bio Calcium is a simple and efficient way to raise calcium and alkalinity and to stabilize the pH for optimal growth of corals and coralline algae while creating the ideal conditions for successful reef aquariums.
- Increases calcium and alkalinity and at the same time stabilizes the pH without disturbing the ionic balance.
- No unnatural by-products.
- Exact dosages without prior dissolving.
- Can also be used as part of the Tropic Marin Bio Actif System.
- Suitable for an aquarium stocked with soft corals, LPS and SPS.